Are you out of town and unable to turn on the lights of your home in the evening? Or do you desire to shift the intensity and hues of lights based on your home activity? Or do you want to manage the lights of your children’s room?
If yes, then these best smart lights are ideal for your family. No worries as these lights can be automated using your smartphone and wherever you are, you can control your smart lights. Besides, you can schedule the lighting in your home and dim your lights if you wish to.
The smart lights are flooding the marketplace nowadays. And we would like to share just the best among them that we think can make your home smarter. You may read further below the details of these smart lights.
What Can Smart Lights Do
Surprisingly, these smart lights can do things that traditional light bulbs cannot do. They are of big advantage when you use them in your home. Among their benefits are the following:
- Smart lighting can improve your sleep by dimming its brightness or illumination. Bright light can disturb the production of melatonin, which is a hormone that can regulate your sleep cycles. Hence, you must deliver a lower light that can release melatonin in the brain and prepare you for sleep.
- These lights can provide perfect illumination for any setting. If you need bright light to read or dim light while viewing TV, you can do so with this smart lighting.
- Smart light can secure your home if you are away. You can schedule the smart lights to turn on in the evening if you are away or not going home for a night. The thieves will be discouraged to enter your home because of the bright illumination.
- Some smart lights can provide colorful hues that may reflect on your walls or ceilings. They can be a fancy décor in your home. You may choose from millions of colors that are usable with this smart light.
- The smart lights can turn on and off with the scheduled time you have set for your smartphone.
- Smart lights can lower your monthly electric bill. They are found to be energy efficient and consume less energy compared to other lighting.
- These smart lights are cool and can provide fun by trying different colors of the light.
What are the best smart lights?
In line with our goal to make your home smarter, we would like to share the top 2 best smart lights in the market nowadays.
It is best used with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant. You can say, “Alexa, dim the lights,” or “Alexa, turn on the light.” And when you say, “Goodnight Alexa!” The smart light automatically shuts off.
It has an input current of 80 MA, a power of 9W, and a maximum of 800 Lumens light output.
What I like with this smart bulb is that you do not need a hub to make it works. It is of high- quality smart light too.
Eufy Lumos Smart bulb can do the following:
- Schedule your personal lighting
- Dim and brighten the illumination of your light from a smartphone anywhere you are
- Illuminate with voice recognition
- Set multiple modes
Hear some of the reviews of satisfied customers:
“I was looking for a smart bulb that did not need a hub installing with it. This was really easy to install. Download the app to your phone, put the bulb in and switch on, and that’s it!!! I mainly wanted this, so I could set up on a timer, so I can come home in the winter to a lit front door. Had it for a few weeks now and has been brilliant and trouble free.” – Sarah JC
“Fantastic little gadget, very happy mum to be able to manage the lights in kids’ rooms! Great price, easy to install and use! Highly recommend! “– Elena Schiopu
- No hub required
- Easy setup
- Use voice recognition
- Not a color light bulb
- Needs Internet to work
- Dimensions: 2.6”x2.6”x5.5”
- Weight: 0.43 lbs
- LED lifetime: >20,000 hours
- Color Temperature: 2700K Tunable White
- Rated Input Voltage: AC 220V-240V, 50Hz
How to Set Up
Simply, install by screwing your Lumos bulb into the light socket. Then, download the EufyHome app. Once downloaded, you sign in and connect the Lumos to the Internet. That’s it, you can switch on the bulb and control it using the app on your smartphone.
Where to Buy
Eufy Life is known for its quality of smart devices. You can buy the Lumos Smart Bulb at Eufy Life website for £19.99. Also, you can purchase it at Amazon.com for a price of $15.74. It may seem pricey, but worth having in your home. I rate this smart bulb 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Have you seen a light that can be illuminated in a million colors? Yes, the Philips Hue Single Premium Smart Bulb has these 16 million colors. This is what makes it different from the other smart lighting.
This smart light also works with Alexa and needs a smart hub, which is sold separately. You can alter the colors of your light by voice recognition through Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple HomeKit. For full use of Hue, you may purchase the Philips Hue Hub Model 458471.
Philips Hue Single Premium Smart Bulb Can do the following:
- Schedule lights to turn on and off using your smartphone
- Turn on and off the lights remotely
- Provides accent light on the parties or gathering
- Change the colors of the light
- Provide light shows and have fun
- Can match the light outside your home
- Improves your sleep with selected dim color lights
- Turn off the light automatically when you leave the room
Read some positive comments from customers and know what it can do more:
“Okay. This is coming from a total geek perspective. I’m a techie, I love automating things via cool gadgets. I finally had saved enough money to purchase a set of hue lights… I have 4 bulbs, 2 strips, and 3 blooms. And wow! It’s changed my entire environment… it’s a bit pricey but if you’re into creating some mood for your home, Phillips Hue is the best.” – John Darko
“Good lights. I have 8 around the living room and kitchen. I and the wife have disco-nights where we get the hue-disco app fired up and boogie to bohemian rhapsody turned up LOUD. We live way out in the sticks and have few other entertainment options.” – S. Spooner
- Good for entertainment and parties
- With a million hues to choose a room, which is amazing
- No special wiring
- Can function with a simple voice command using Alexa
- Can set light to turn on when you arrive home late
- Requires a hub
- Needs Internet to work
- Quite big
- Dimensions: 3”x3.5”x6.5”
- Weight: 4.5 ounces
- Material: Cobalt
- Type of Bulb: LED
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Wattage: 10 Watts
- Color: White
- Special Features: 50,000 shades of white; 16,000,000 million colors
How to Set Up
To commence with, screw the smart light into the light socket into any room in your house. Then, download the Hue mobile app and connect the smart Hue bulb to the bridge or the Philips Hue bridge. Do not forget to turn on the bridge. Also, turn on the bulb and manage your Hue bulb using your smartphone.
Where to Buy
This Philips Hue Single Premium Smart Bulb can be purchased at Amazon.com for $38.50. It is quite expensive but actually works amazingly. I rate this smart bulb 4.6 out of 5 stars.
The Bottom Line
Smart lighting has these cool features. Have an innovative and unique light experience with these smart bulbs that you can benefit from. Also, they will attain your household energy efficiency and can bring down your monthly electric bill.
Feel free to give any suggestions in the comment box below. We will appreciate them and answer all your queries.
All the best,